10 October 2011

Can I go back to bed now? Please...

Happy Monday ladies! Is there really such a thing as a happy Monday though? Why yes, yes there is... because it's Columbus Day which means a lot of you have the day off! This weekend was extremely busy. If it wasn't for hot tea and playful puppies, I would not be awake right now.

On Saturday, I woke up bright and early to head to my parent's house to do laundry since my washer doesn't work. I got home with enough time to do my hair and makeup, sit down for about 5 minutes, then head to Newark, NJ to see my future husband Zach Parise go to the Devil's opening game! I've watched many hockey games on tv but I never went to one until now so obviously I had a lot of questions about everything - and I mean everything. Ok, maybe some were just to be annoying :-) But not even an hour after leaving home, Beau said I was at 93% blonde for the day and by the time we left Newark, he said it was a 100% blonde day. I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed by that.


The Prudential Center - Newark, NJ

My first hockey game! Let's go Devils!!! Let's go Parise!!!

Beau and I

So, they sucked. Flyer's fans should not be too excited though... the game was handed to them on a silver platter

The Flyer's fan section... all 20 of them. We don't know what they did but they were getting kicked out for something and the one was trying to pick a fight with Beau's friend's dad (the same guy who said he left his partials at home in case he got in a fight hahaha)


After getting home pretty late Saturday night, I was up at 7am to meet up with my aunt and her friends to participate in the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's. This was my second year walking and even though I had to bail out at the halfway point (stupid spine), it's so inspiring to see the amount of people there. Young, old, has Alzheimer's, lost someone with Alzheimer's, caregivers, supporters... thousands!

Side note: My aunt (not the Avon one) wrote a wonderful book called I LOVE YOU, WHO ARE YOU? Loving and Caring for a Parent with Alzheimer's. For more information, visit her website or Facebook




So by last night, I was BEAT! I stayed up to watch Against the Wall (Abby is such a little hornball but her love life is one of the reasons I like the show - I'm still conflicted over Brody or Danny though). I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to watch Pan Am but it gives me something to do today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh sounds like a fun time. I am going to watch Pan Am right now on Hulu.com. I love that show.
Such a cute blog. I am your newest follower.
I hope you come follow me back at EL Vintage.

xxxx Emily