18 July 2012

Guest Post: Meagan from Megs7827

Because of my recent busy schedule, the gorgeous Meagan (who has the cutest little boy) offered to guest blog for me... and what better topic than pre-wedding advice! Take it away Megs!


Hey 90 Percent Blonde readers, I'm Meagan! I blog over at Megs7827. Here I am on my wedding day, October 11, 2009. I had been running 5 times a week. Had my hair and make up done. Was getting tons of sleep at night.


Here we are this year on the 4th of July. As you can see our family got another member May 1st, 2011. The only exercise I get now is chasing that tiny giant and my 300 ab challenge that I rarely do now. I shower at night and my hair does what it wants and make up is mascara. I get very little sleep at night.

What a difference 2.5 years makes, huh?

But, I'm not here today for a mommy make over or to be your birth control. I'm here doing what I love to do, give advice! On Tuesdays, I host a tips and tricks Tuesdays for moms link up. You should stop by to get some advice for the future! Or see cute pictures of my kid. The rest of the week I try to throw in some celeb or tv talk and sometimes I get serious.

Today, I'm not giving mommy advice. Today, I'm giving engagement advice since our friend, Sarah, is engaged!

1. Don't wait until the last minute! I have been a bridesmaid in several weddings and it drove me crazy when the bride was picking her father/daughter dance song the night before the wedding.

2. Stay away from Pinterest! Pinterest didn't exist in 2009, thank goodness! But it did exist when I was planning my son's 1st birthday and made me a crazy person. I know I would be WAY over budget if I had Pinterest to look at all day while planning a wedding.

3. Don't sweat the small stuff. Our wedding favors were a different shade of maroon than the table linens and I remember not wanting to put the favors on the tables. No one cares.

4. Get a photographer that is recommended by someone you know. Our photographers were recommended by the wedding site people and I saw their websites and thought they would be fine. I was disappointed with our pictures and really that's one of the most important things.

5. Be a bridezilla every once in awhile. I thought I liked a color for the bridesmaids' dresses online and when I saw it in person didn't love it but stuck with it for some reason. I couldn't sleep that night and was a bridezilla having the store change everyones' orders the next day.

6. Cherish girl time. I know some people have done couples showers. I went traditional and had a womens only bridal shower. We went to Vegas together for the bachelor/bachelorette party. We had one night separate where the girls went to dinner and Thunder from Down Under. I don't get very much girl time these days and I'm glad I had that time before I got married. Have a crazy bachelorette party! What other time in your life are you going to get to act like that?

7. Make your fiance plan the honeymoon! If you can, take a honeymoon right after the wedding. We didn't want to fly any where so we did a road trip down the coast of California and stayed at the 4 seasons in Santa Barbara. It was the trip of a lifetime! We were just on a natural high from the wedding and it was so nice to be done with all the stress of it. We got massages, went wine tasting, ate great food. Magical! You have too much going on so have him plan it!

That's all the advice I have for today! Can't wait to hear all about the wedding and the honeymoon! When you walk down that aisle towards the rest of your life take a mental picture of that face! There is nothing like it! Congratulations!

Sarah, I had so much fun doing this post! Thanks for letting me guest post!

-------------------------------------------

No, Meagan - Thank YOU for such a wonderful post on advice that I am definitely going to use!

Now if you haven't already, go check out her blog!

No comments: